GATE 2019 (IITM)28 Aug 2018
Online applications are invited for GATE 2019 examination. Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other
Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE
score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2019 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of
results. Examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests.
GATE 2019 examinations will be conducted in select cities and towns in India as well as in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia),
Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore.
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2019:
• Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those
who are in the final year of such programs.
• Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
• Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
• Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final
year of such programs.
• Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of
• Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of
• Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
• Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to
B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2019 SYLLABUS LINK : CLICK HERE FOR SYLLABUS
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Saturday||1st September 2018|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||Friday||21st September 2018|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||Monday||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||16th November 2018|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||4th January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Examination||Saturday
|2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
9th February 2019
10th February 2019
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Saturday||16th March 2019|
- Must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 04 years) in Engineering / Technology.
- Must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 02 years) in any relevant science subject.
- If a candidate has already passed (in 2018 or earlier) one of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, he/she has to submit (i.e. upload) the degree certificate / provisional certificate / course completion certificate issued by the institute.
- If the candidate is in the final year of any of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, he/she has to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute (in the format given in Appendix A).
Please note that the GATE application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere.
|Examination Centres||On or before 21st Sept.2018||During the Extended Period|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$50||US$70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$100||US$120|
The examination timing at GATE International centres is as per their local time, which is given below.
|City (Country)||Exam Time (Forenoon Session)||Exam Time Afternoon Session)|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)||06:30 to 09:30 Hours||11:30 to 14.30 Hours|
|Colombo (Sri Lanka)||09:00 to 12.00 Hours||14:00 to 17:00 Hours|
|Dhaka (Bangladesh)||09:30 to 12:30 Hours||14:30 to 17:30 Hours|
|Dubai (UAE)||07:30 to 10:30 Hours||12:30 to 15:30 Hours|
|Kathmandu (Nepal)||09:15 to 12:15 Hours||14:15 to 17:15 Hours|
|Singapore||11:30 to 14:30 Hours||16:30 to 19:30 Hours|